Wednesday, May 23, 2007

After the Fiber Frenzy

My spinning group and I went to the Minnesota Shepherd's Harvest and Wool Festival this past weekend. We had a blast. The weather was great and the place was full of great people and buys.

There were 3 buildings full of vendors and many classes. 2 barns had llamas sheep and fiber goats. There were shearing, sheepherding dog, and flax demonstrations. Plus much more.

My friends and I got there right at 9am and spent 6 hours roaming around. Went back to the hotel, had a great dinner, and had a "Show and Tell" of all our stuff. Here's mine.







I got 4 ounces of Black Diamond Fiber and a silk brick from Mielke's Fiber Arts




28 ounces of beautiful Rose/Grey Suri fleece from Alpacaville Farm



23 ounces of wonderful red kid mohair from Enchanted Meadows





8 ounces of dehaired buffalo clouds from Little Barn




A 5 pound Corriedale/Romney fleece from
Lamb Lane
Ron/Barbara Zumdome
1991 315th Ave. Fort Madison, IA 52627
(319) 372-1813
Sheep (Romney, Corriedale, Suffolk, Border Leicester, Bluefaced Border Leicester); Sell breed and stock, Raw fiber, Processed fiber, Batts, Roving, Yarn; Open evenings or weekends







And some silk bells and some Firestar nylon from a local woman who was just selling some of her stash.

I'm going to have a good time figuring what I'm going to do with all this stuff. I just like looking at it.


Well, this is really hard to do while my granddaughter is wanting me to play. See ya next time.

No comments: