Last summer I got myself a WooLee Winder, which I LOVE, but the bobbins are a larger size than the ones that came with my wheel. I have this Tensioned Lazy Kate from Ashford that wanted to use .
So, I had to modify it.
I cut a board to 7-inches in length, drilled some holes for the screws and tension knob and cut some heavy clothes hangers for new longer rods. PRESTO!
Note the "hi-tech" clips to hold the rods in place since they don't have the "bends" in them like the ones from the factory.
Today is plying day. This is one pound of some domestic wool top that I dyed. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Have a great holiday weekend.
6 years ago