Friday, June 1, 2007

Airports

I have changed the settings a little on the blog so only one day's worth of entries shows up. A special thank you to readers with dial-up connections since I get kind of picture happy.

I spent yesterday getting a relative onto an airplane in Minneapolis. I haven't flown since 1995 and has it changed! The aiport is HUGE. We took a shuttle bus from parking at one airport to the main airport and a train to get to the terminal. Walked forever to get to the right counter. We couldn't do the e-check-in because I needed to help this person to the gate, so I needed a pass. Then it was security which was pretty tough to do with this person. Then, we got into the middle of the airport and I was STUNNED. There are more shops and reasturants than most malls. 39 restaurants and eateries, 16 news shops, 44 stores: Body Shop, Naturally Cashmere, Author's Bookstore, etc. and tons of traveler services like massage, shoe shine, internet connections, etc. The big problem was walking through all that area and getting to the right concorse and gate. Thank goodness for moving sidewalks. Well, got him through the gate, looked at a map, found a shortcut, took the bus, got my car, and drove into traffic at 5:30 rush hour. Of course I was south of Minneapolis and needed to drive through the city and head north for 120 miles. Anyway, I made it home by 8 o'clock. Not bad, really, just more hectic than I like.

I'm still plying. I haven't had any time and today looks dismal for it, too. I'm going to try, though.

I brought the Wimple I'm knitting to the airport and it went through security with no problem. It's on one metal-ended circular. Too bad I didn't have a chance to work on it.

Well, off to the salt mines. Man! When I'm gone for one day, things really fall behind.

No comments: